Website Research Chanel & Burberry

 As we are creating a website I will be researching and comparing two different websites that are related to the topic fashion when I doing the research it can assist my understanding of how to create and build up my own website by analysing these two sites I will look at the use of colour, use the layout, format, navigation, links, usability, typography and mobile view.

I will be looking at Chanel and Burberry

I will begin to look at the first website I have choose Chanel the below you can view the homepage.


When I looking at Chanel homepage the first impression there have a clean background for the navigation bar it looks really organised and user friendly and the image of the homepage have almost dominate the whole page by putting model in the middle raring the most recent collection by using sea background really contrast really well with the model and in the bottom part of the image have clearly put the name of the collection and have a pattern below it Kent directly show you more information who want to know about the collection and also when you keep scrolling down the website it will show more different picture about different collection for example, watches jewellery fragrance I really like the layout order because it will show the news to the oldest it’s really organised but I think The homepage have too much slide it makes me feel a little bit too messy and when you scrolling they have too much different colour it really make my eyes feel pain.

the second website I have chose Burberry below you can view the homepage


When I looking at Burberry homepage first impression there have a organise navigation bar on the top middle part of the homepage also there have a video clip showing the newest collection and video there have show the name of the collection really clearly by using big font size it help the consumer know roughly about the theme and design of the collection the video clip is dominated the top part of the homepage I really like this concept by using video clip rather using image because video is more eye-catching and grab people attention but before you put the arrow to the navigation bar it is quite hard to see because the navigation bar blend into the video Specially it have use white colour font and the background of the video is keep playing it is really hard to look at the navigation bar but when you put the arrow on the top it will turn to black font and white background it really present it more clear when you scroll down the homepage they will have different section for example showing woman ,man, children gifts recommendation and the second section have more recommendation for buying give by showing different products using automatic scrawling the bar showing different product and the other section have show personal customise and showing man and women outerwear also have Shaw the newest collection I really like the organisation of the homepage specially they have a section showing recommendation gifts it can really help the customer to choose a present it is really good strategy to improve sales specially in the popular festival

Comparing Chanel and Burberry the lay out of the homepage it’s quite similar specially the navigation bar placement also putting on the middle top but I think in Chanel the navigation bar is looks more obvious and clean because it have a clean and plain white background contrasting with the black words also I really like the placement of the local putting right middle on top of the navigation bar because when I visit Chanel homepage, I know directly this is Chanel website in Burberry homepage the logo is place top left-hand side and the navigation bar is right beside the logo with white font and before scroll your arrow to the logo or navigation bar it didn’t have a clean background behind so the logo for navigation bar is blend in to the video clip especially the video is keep playing. It is more difficult to look at the navigation bar but even the video clip well make the notification bar less obvious but still I like that concept of Burberry by using video clip comparing with Chanel image it is less boring and can draw the customer attention better and when you scroll down the homepage, both of Burberry and Chanel they are doing the similar format by showing different slides by pretending news collection to orders and showing different kind of accessory

I will be look at the first website I have choose Chanel the below you can view the contact page


In Chanel contact page layout is clean and organise it didn’t have any picture or or fancy background but it’s still done his job I really like the use of font is matching the design of other page but I think if they have little bit of image beside will look more pretty

I will be look at the second website I have choose burberry the below you can view the contact page


In Burberry contact page design, it is more colourful because the background of the title having different handbags make the page less boring. Also the layout is quite organised, but I think the page is little bit hard to find. I think if they put the contact page in the navigation bar will be better

The difference of the contact page between Chanel and Burberry Chanel have a more plain and clean layout and design have a place let you write down your personal information and your email and what you want to communicate with them in Burberry contact page I think comparing with Chanel the layout is a little bit messy, but I really like the system they use. For example, they will give you different format to contact them for example, phone number, WhatsApp, email and Twitter










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio