Undersea Collection: Development Drawings

 I have been working on developing my fashion collection drawings.  I completed them on tracing paper, which I then photocopied so that I could add colour and further design.  I then took pictures of these on my phone to add to the blog.  I just needed to convert these from a HEIC format to Jpeg.

Look One, Two & Three from Left to Right
Look One

The design is of the hat is inspired by squid, the shaping of the hat is in squid style, also I have added tentacles around the edging of the hat so when the wearer walks there is movement.  The design of the crop top is shaped like a stingray, which hugs the models body shape and the top of the skintight leggings are covered by sea plants and I have added some detailing on the leggings that represent undersea coral reefs and plants that are polychromatic (multi-coloured)

Look Two

In look two I have created a deep V-Necked fitted blouse with extra-puffy short sleeves, that I have matched with a Jellyfish opaque above the knee flared skirt which had jelly fish tentacles hanging to ankle length  this is accompanied by the Jellyfish mouth shape, also ankle length.  

Look Three

In look three I have created a ankle length half-transparent, tight fitting dress with a split front reaching up to the models thighs. The pattern I have created has a background blue of the sea and includes dolphins swimming through water.  The sleeves long and bubble designed to create the bubbles from the sea..  The inner lining is a sea treasure map design, with compass.  I have added a shell buckle belt with pearls to accessorise this dress.

These three designs I would like to use in my final portfolio.  I believe these three design really are successful as they represent the undersea world I wanted to make in my collection.  In terms of materials I think I may use a blue chiffon and blue silk for the leggings and skirt, for the bubble design I would use PVC which is quite hard and durable to make them stand out.




                                                Look Four, Five & six from Left to Right
Look Four
 
The design of the outfit have mainly use coral element to create the top part of the outfit is using dimensional coral shapes to cover up the body to create the feeling of the model looks like a fish swim pass the coral and the bottom part I have create a triangle shape tight fitted pants with pearl swipe hanging around the pants and attaching seashell and seahorse charm lastly, I have create dimensional coral to cover around legs to create the same feeling with the top
the colour scheme I have use for the coral is dark red and the triangle pants I have use black colour worth yellow strap and then the colour scheme of the charm I have used yellow, orange, brown green and purple

Look Five

This outfit design I have inspired by Koi fish so that’s the main colours use is orange silver and brown colour scheme the top part of the outfit is sleeveless and the front middle I have put a big zip to make the outfit looks more sporty and I have created v shape cutting on the end of the top and the top of the pants and the bottom part of the pants I have create a fishtail design lastly I have create a hand sleeve for the outfit and putting fish flipper on both side so that’s when the model is walking the fish flipper will looks like it’s moving in the whole outfit, I have put Koi fish pattern around the outfit and the edges of the outfit. I have used brown colour to highlight and the whole outfit is half transparent

Llook Six

in the design of look six I have inspired by humpback anglerfish the head accessory I have put a light design and fish flipper and in the high heel design I have use the light to be the heel and the front of the high heels design is the feet is popping out in the mouth design with sharp teeth on top the colour scheme I have used is lime green and yellow and the top design is a long sleeve jumper in green with two square cutting and cover by colourful sea plants popping out of the outfit to represent the undersea life and the bottom part the skirt I have used fish tank looks designed and feel it in with different species of the fish model the score of shiny Transparent so it can show the colourful fish model inside the skirt

in those design, I will choose, look six to be one of my final design because I really like the humpback anglerfish element I have used for the accessory and high heels also I like the simple design of the jumper and adding a little bit of colourful undersea plants it’s give a little bit of sparkle to the design of the jumper lastly, I really like the idea of using Fishtank style to create the skirt because it’s show different species of fish and block fun, dangerous draw or paint the fish on top of the skirt but in the final design, I will change this colour scheme of the outfit because the colour skin right now is not matching. Also it’s kind of out of place with my other design specially the colour scheme so I will change the colour scheme to different kinds of blue and purple yellow and gold colour

The end sleeves of the jumper I would like to use rib fabric and a skirt I would like to use PVA to create the look of the Fishtank




Look seven, eight & nine from Left to Right
Look Seven

The design of this outfit, I have inspired by sharks the top part of the outfit cutting looks like the hood off, the little red hood the design of the hood I have creative style of sharks head and the bottom part I have create an oversize puffy pants with shark fin in each side the colour scheme of this outfit is blue light blue and grey

Look Eight

in this outfit design, I have inspired by seahorse so that’s the colour scheme I have used brown and yellow the top part of the outfit I have design a sleeveless top the cutting is similar to a swimsuit with seahorse texture pattern and behind the top I have create a fin so it looks more like a seahorse and behind the bottom part of the outfit I have design a cape behind also using seahorse texture pattern in 3D form

Look Nine

in this outfit the top part I have the design the left and right side, totally different to the right hand side, the outfit is covered by fish scales I will use some sequins to create the texture of the fish scare and a add little bit of shine and the left hand side of the top I have used coral to cover up  left hand side of the top and the design of the skirt I will make by silk jersey with elastase and cotton drill is having two layer in different sizes and finally in the right leg I have using coral covered the leg around from above the feet to the ankle the colour scheme of the outfit is blue purple and yellow I will choose this outfit for one of my final design because I really like the colour scheme and the differences of left-hand side and the right hand side of the outfit

Look ten and eleven from Left to Right
Look Ten

in this design the top, I have create a oversize shell shaping in blue and purple colour placing on top right hand side of the shoulder and with a blue colour, transparent sleeve and the base colour of the top is dark blue in the right hand side of the top I have at in underlayer to cover the right hand side of the outfit in light blue also in the top I have create shell style zip in silver colour and the top part of the outfit I have used purple colour to highlight the top do you know So I have at a seashell belt in silver colour and the shorts I have used light blue colour in the edges I have used a blue colour to highlight the shorts then lastly I have inspired by the movement of the water, so that I have create wave line to create the looks of movement is this outfit I will use PVA the left hand side of the sleeves and the wave line urs for wrapping around leg and the top I will use cotton duck and cotton denim and the shell shaping I will use natural silk and jute

Look Eleven

This outfit I have inspired by shark so that’s the whole outfit is based on a design of a shark bone is behind the outfit. I have design a bone fin and the high heel design is based on shark bone design the hill section is created by two shark teeth style design The whole colour scheme of the alphabet is light, brown colour.

Comments

  1. Sam - I complete dthe first three with you, you must complete the rest of this post ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio