tutorial with Jeanette

 Today I had a tutorial with Jeanette where we discussed my ideas for my project in Art Portfolio. We discussed my theme, Earthly Delights, and how I have interpreted this to create 6 fashion designs informed by my passion for the outdoors (my hobbies) and also the feeling I get when I go somewhere new... Like I have gone into 'Wonderland'.

Jeanette felt that the collaboration of these ideas could be difficult or confusing to convey and so we have put together 3 mood boards which show how this could be interpreted in three different ways...
Mood board 1, the Alice Theme, makes obvious links to Alice in Wonderland fashion in a catwalk style, I think this is too 'obvious' and these collections do not match my idea of this being informed by the 'outdoors', my hobbies. I also don't feel these really link well with my ideas of sustainability.
Mood board 2, the Wild Theme, shows some links to my passion for hobbies in the outdoors, and how this can be connected to high fashion. This also links well with Earthly Delights.
Mood board 3, the Outdoors Attire Theme, is a nod to catwalk fashion inspired by outdoors style clothing, such as cargo pants and biker boots. 
Outcome of tutorial: I feel I need to make a clear theme out of my collection, and perhaps Mood board 2 could show the strongest link to my passion for outdoor hobbies and also that 'other-worldy' mysterious feel with the collection being photographed in the outdoors. I think this collection will be designed for Spring, due to this being the season of new beginnings, like when you go to a new place (wonderland) and I want to design my collection to look warmer (with long sleeves etc)
Jeanette suggested if I want to put an obvious link to Alice in Wonderland, perhaps this could be through the characters from the story, and theme the outfits with subtle links to those characters.
Another concern Jeanette has raised is my idea for this to be quite 'high couture' style for celebrities at important events, she feels this disconnects my idea of my hobbies, and connecting with nature. 
I think I have a lot of big ideas and I need to finalize these so I can create a refined collection that makes sense to the audience and clearly shows what the overall 'theme' for the collection in. 
Perhaps I have gone too broad, and need to discount some of my initial ideas so I can make my designs more specific. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio