Colour testing experiment and colour research update


Complementary Color


I used the colour khaki and alice blue for this set of designs as I wanted to create a great contrast within my garment. Usually the garments that explorers wear are monochrome and a little bit boring. I wanted to add a contrasting colour from the complementary colour scheme on the pockets to make the design more playful and mysterious.


triple group




In this set of design, I had used triple group color theory by using khaki for the base colour and adding alice blue to create colour contrast, then I had pick yellow green in the colour wheel to help balance between khaki and alice blue to create a mild color, also the yellow green give a nature feeling that really matching with the adventure theme.

The third design, I had used the same colour theory by using khaki for the base colour and adding pinkish purple and dark purple on the pocket to create gradient and colour contrast, and lastly by adding alice blue to balance the colour contrast between pinkish purple, dark purple and khaki this colour combination really make me think of the iconic character Chessy cat and Alice also the colour combination give me a mystery and dreamy feeling.




split complementary color



I continue to use khaki as the main colour and trying to find combinations based on it, i added a red from the poker card soldier and found another turquoise colour based on the split complementary colour scheme. This colour scheme is often more comfortable for the eyes, it is soft and balances warm and cold colours.


 triple group



For this set of designs, I picked colours from the triple colour theory. I used the khaki and military green for the base colour and added the purple to create a colour contrast between the military green and also give a sci-fi like dreamy feeling to the design.



watercolour and promarkers colour testing





monochrome colour palette choice






















Reference

(n.d.) Color.adobe.com. Available at: https://color.adobe.com/zh/create/color-wheel (Accessed: February 26, 2023).

Pantone Colour Chart: Www.PANTONE (n.d.) colours.com. Available at: https://www.pantone-colours.com/ (Accessed: February 27, 2023).



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio