Materials

 

Original painting






Modified version

In this homage project I had pick a painting called bags and friends, from the artist Greg ‘CRAOLA’ Simkins, because this painting give me a mystery and dreamy vibe specially the blue Smoke in the background, it look like a portal to a other dimension also the rabbit looks like a adventurer, that exploring a new dimension that having some sci-fi animals it make me think of Alice the wonderland.

In my modify version, I had added a khaki adventure hat on the rabbit and changed the outfit from white to military green to make the rabbit looks more like a adventurer, than I had replaced the skeleton head clock to a compass to give more adventure vibe, lastly I had changed the parrot head to a Cheshire cat, to create a feeling that the Cheshire cat are popping out from the portal.


Making process

Firstly, I masked the vest of the rabbit and changed the hue of the colour from white to green. I then remove the background of the explorer hat and compass to place it on top of the rabbit. I also added a little bit of shadow to make the adjustment more natural. Finally I added an extra rabbit and edited the head of the Cheshire cat onto the parrot to emphasize the theme of Alice in wonderland. I also changed the colour of the parrot body to pink to match the Cheshire cat.


References

Original acrylic paintings by Greg Craola Simkins (n.d.) GregSimkinsArt.com. Available at: https://gregsimkinsart.com/paintings (Accessed: March 6, 2023). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio