Miniskirt making final

 


In the miniskirt-making mock-up plan, I measured the mannequin's waistline of (27 inches) and the hip line of (36.5 inches) therefore the width of the miniskirt was the following equation:1 + 1/2 = 40.5 inches and the length was 14.5.  I needed to leave 0.5 x 2 for the hem of the width so that it would come to ( 40.5 + 1 )= 41.5 for the overall width and the length will leave 1 inch for the seam and 1.5 inches for the elastic and also 0.5 x2 for the hem so that the overall length will be (14.5 + 1 + 1.5 +0.5 x 2) = 18 inches.














These process here was the same as the mock up.  The only difference was the waistband which was originally 2" and I reduced this to 1.5" and I made the skirt very slightly longer as my first skirt I thought was a little too short.  On the final design I improved the sewing quality by increasing the density on the sewing machine which very much improved the quality of the sewing.  









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio