Capped sleeve cropped top final

 On the final cropped top I created a pattern which I measured out for the sized of an average size 10 which was the size of the mannequin.  The sizes were: 

36" bust

14" length of top

I added 12 hem/seam allowance and cut out the pattern using pattern cutting paper.


We pinned the pattern paper first and then cut out the material.  Then we pinned the hems ready to sew on the sewing machine which was a little more challenging with the sequinned material. 







I then made sure the back and front lined up correctly and then I needed to sew the seams so I did this inside out so that the seam would not show on the finished piece. 




I pinned the seam and left the arm holes and matched up the length on each side. 









I completed all of the hems and seams and on this design I had two pieces for the back as I am going to add buttons to bring these together.  I completed all the final seams and made sure that everything was accurate and ready for the model or mannequin for final showcase of the work 

















I am happy with the final outcome and I do think that this has been a good learning experience using sequins and stretch fabric.  I also enjoyed the pattern cutting and now I know better how to use the pattern cutting paper.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio