Photoshop Process of my Portfolio

 I began to create my portfolio, so I had my final designs and I knew how I wanted my Space Rangers collection to look.  


I began by opening Photoshop and creating a blank A3 sized canvas with 300 resolution.  I did this just be clicking on File - New - Print  and then A3.  


I then wanted to add my background which was a Space image I got from unsplash.  So I clicked on File - Open and then I chose the jpg image I had on my desktop.  I then clicked on Image - Image Rotation and 90 degrees counter clockwise as I needed the image to be portraits and I wanted the composition of the planets to compliment my design.  I then clicked on Select All, Then copy and then I clicked back onto my blank canvas and clicked on past. I used the move tool and clicked onto the transform controls and dragged the background over the canvas to create my portfolio backdrop.


I then added the logo which we copied and pasted from my previous portfolio for consistency.  I then added the title of my collection 'Space Rangers' using Javanese Text 48points which I lined up using the guidelines with my logo. 


This piece I saved as background for all the pages.  I then started completing each look.  here is one to show the process.  The next step was to add the design. These drawings I had scanned in the library and now I just needed to remove the background using the magic eraser tool.  I then selected the image and then copied and then went to the portfolio page and clicked on paste.  I used the transform controls to change the size and to fit on the page as I wanted to show this. 



The last step was to add the description using the text tool in the left hand menu in the same font which started at 18 points however to fit the page I adjusted size with transform controls to 16.2 points. 




I completed this process for each of the looks and I also created a front cover using a different design but the same tools and techniques and Photoshop.



I will also create an introduction page and then add to my website which I will show on a later post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Reflection for Art Portfolio two