Reflection for Art Portfolio two



Overall in Art Portfolio Two, I learned different methods of research such as secondary and primary research, it helped me to get inspiration and develop ideas to improve the outcomes. Also, it helped me have a better understanding of the fashion market and the ideal customer needs. I think the secondary and primary research skills and techniques have really helped me this term to improve my overall portfolio quality. For example, walking around the campus or the local area allowed me to get inspiration and develop ideas by looking at shapes, colour, and the natural environment around me. Also, I visited the fabric shop in person which allowed me to have a better understanding of how different fabrics work and what qualities they have. 

In this term, whilst doing secondary research for fashion trends and artist research, I took more care in learning new information which helped me to develop my work. Whereas last term I found it harder to engage with the research and I got more out of it this term. I had to look at the whole collection more in-depth, also in the 3D-making task I learned how to measure the mannequin, pattern drawing, draping skills, further sewing skills, and how different fabric work such as the strength and weaknesses of each piece. The skills I learned allowed me to properly create a garment successfully. 

Overall in this term, I think I have improved my fashion illustration, garment making, digital skill, and overall research skills which have allowed me to become more independent and confident to the previous term. I am proud of myself for going to town alone and buying materials for my skirt and top to match my space theme. I have gotten to grips with my time management and have successfully created all my final pieces before the deadline. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

feedback for blog buddy

Photoshop Process of my Portfolio